Ask The Experts

What can I do to help relieve the pain in my foot that has been diagnosed with arthritis?

Thank you for contacting IPFH. We do not diagnose or recommend treatments on line. We have a section of our web site entitled "Arthritis: Foot Concerns" and it has a helpful article on "Daily Foot Care for People with Arthritis" as well as an extensive list of resources for people with arthritis. There are a number of steps you can take to help relieve pain, but these all should be considered and used in consultation with your primary care physician and possibly a foot health professional. Your primary care physician can help you with specific advice on pain relief medications, and a foot health professional can help you with footwear advice and other steps you can take to address your pain. You don't say what type of arthritis you have (the most common is osteoarthritis), but the type with which you have been diagnosed will dictate at least to some extent the best approach(es) for you to take. We hope you will consult a medical professional, and that you will have much success in relieving and managing your pain.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?