Ask The Experts

I'm a type 2 diabetic and my right foot on the bottom is cracked and it hurts. It's not bleeding but it's raw. Do I need to worry about like getting it cut off?

Thank you for contacting IPFH. We do not diagnose or offer medical advice on line. The best thing you can do is - very quickly - visit your primary care physician or a foot health specialist. When you have diabetes the healing capability of the body is compromised, especially in the lower extremeties. If you can get treated quickly and effectively, you can help avoid further complications. But it is critical that you get to a medical professional at your earliest convenience. We hope you will do this, and that your foot will soon be back to normal.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?