Ask The Experts

I am a 53 year old female with no bruising, no visible swelling. My lower calf, and [the area] under it hurt when walking and fees tight. No real twist turn of ankle. Did walk on stepper, but not long and feel if that is cause would be gone by now. No hotness to area. Should I just go to doctor, or keep treating with hot and cold?

Thank you for contacting us. IPFH does not diagnose or dispense medical advice on line. We are always advocates of consulting a medical professional when pain, discomfort and other unusual symptoms show up. Not that you need to go to the doctor every time you have a bump or a bruise, but whenever you have unexplainable symptoms such as you describe, it is better to consult a medical professional. There are two main reasons for this: (1) any self-treatments you may be administering may not be appropriate for the injury or condition; and (2) symptoms such as pain, swelling and discoloration may be indicators of injuries or medical conditions that need to be professionally treated. It's always better to be conservative and consult a doctor than to disregard a condition or just hope it goes away. We would definitely recommend that you consult your primary care physician or another medical professional. He or she can determine the cause of the discomfort and then recommend appropriate treatment. We hope you will do this and that your condition will very quickly be resolved.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?