Ask The Experts

My ankle is swollen and it hurts more when I put pressure on it. Can it be broken? And it hurts when I try to move it.

Thank you for contacting IPFH. We do not diagnose conditions or provide medical advice on line. You should consult your primary care physician or a foot health specialist. The level of pain you describe and the fact that it hurts when you try to move it are enough to warrant a visit to a medical professional. You don't mention any trauma to your ankle, but anytime that occurs and pain and swelling result, there is the possibility of a sprain or even a fracture. So to be on the safe side, you should definitely see a doctor. We hope you will do that, and that you will soon get treated and be free from this pain.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?