Ask The Experts

My toe next to my little toe on my right foot burns after I have a pair of shoes on for a while. What do you think is causing this pain?

Thank you for contacting IPFH. We do not diagnose conditions or provide medical advice on line. If the pain in your toe inhibits your activities or is severe enough that you require medication or first aid, your best bet is to consult your primary care physician or a foot health professional. He or she can help determine what is going on with your toe. One thing you want to check is whether or not the condition is related to the footwear you use. If this happens in every pair of shoes or boots you wear, then it is advisable to consult a medical professional. However, if it is limited to one or two pairs of footwear, then those may be the culprit. Try to ascertain a pattern of pain, and if it is associated with wearing only one or two pairs of shoes, you would be best advised to stop wearing them. If the pattern is not related to specific footwear that you own, but occurs when you are barefooted or in all of your shoes, then a consultation with a medical professional is advised. We hope you will soon have your issue under control.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?