Ask The Experts

I have pain in the ball of my foot between the big and little toes. No pain behind outer toes, only behind second and third. What kind of shoe insert would help relieve pain?

Thank you for contacting us. IPFH does not diagnose conditions or give medical advice on line. The best thing for you to do is to consult your primary care physician or a foot health specialist. It is important to know what is causing the pain before you choose inserts or footwear to address it. Once you have a diagnosis, a medical professional can recommend specific treatments. One thing you might do immediately to address the pain is to wear padded socks. Research has shown that some types are effective in helping to reduce pain. Meanwhile, we hope you will consult a health care professional and that you will soon be pain free.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?