Ask The Experts

The ball of my foot is so tender it feels like gout. It is also very swollen under my 4th and small toes.What is this?

Thank you for contacting IPFH. We do not diagnose or recommend medical treatments on line. Your best course of action is to consult your primary care physician or a foot health professional. He or she can help determine what is causing the pain and swelling. You should do this at your earliest opportunity, as obviously the pain is affecting your mobility and quality of life. You can use our Foot Pain Self-Assessment Tool to help determine some possible causes, but please understand that this tool is not meant to be used for diagnosis, nor is it a substitute for a professional medical consultation. We hope you will visit a health care professional, and that your pain and swelling will soon be a thing of the past.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?