Foot Health Resources for People with Arthritis
IPFH is committed to providing information, education and resources for people with arthritis and their caregivers to help ensure proper foot care and condition management for the many types of arthritis. Click on the following links for more information:
- Read research about the benefits of clinically-tested padded socks for people with rheumatoid arthritis: http://www.ipfh.org/resources/research//the-use-of-specially-padded-hosiery-in-the-painful-rheumatoid-foot/.
- Learn how to get a proper fit with padded socks and shoes with the integrated approach.
- Download and print a guide for getting a proper fit with padded socks and shoes to take with you when purchasing new footwear.
- Read about all aspects of arthritis at the Arthritis Foundation web site: http://www.arthritis.org/
- Get information about juvenile arthritis from the Arthritis Foundation web site: http://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/types/juvenile-arthritis/
- Learn about the various types of arthritis: http://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/types/
- Get information for caregivers for people with arthritis from the Arthritis Foundation: http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/life-stages/caregiving/.
- Get general information about how arthritis affects the foot and ankle from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS): http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/conditions/ailments-of-the-ankle/Pages/Arthritis.aspx
- Get information about all aspects of rheumatoid arthritis from Rheumatoid Arthritis.org: https://www.rheumatoidarthritis.org/
- Get specific information about rheumatoid arthritis and its effects on the foot and ankle from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS): http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00163
- Read about arthritis at the US National Library of Medicine: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002223/
- More general information about arthritis can be found at Medline Plus: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/arthritis.html
- Learn about things physicians and patients should question related to arthritis and rheumatology (this information is geared more toward physicians, but patients should also be aware): http://www.choosingwisely.org/doctor-patient-lists/american-college-of-rheumatology