Causes of Strains
Strains can be caused by the following:
- Slipping on slick surfaces.
- Running, jumping or throwing during sports and activities.
- Lifting heavy objects.
- Participating in sports or activities without proper conditioning (muscles are not strong enough and flexibility may be limited; therefore you are more likely to sustain injury).
- Fatigue (tired muscles are less likely to provide support for the joints).
- Insufficient or improper warm-up (warming up before vigorous physical activity loosens the muscles and increases range of motion, making you less vulnerable to strains).