Welcome to our friends and visitors from the Amputee Coalition.
The Amputee Coalition reaches out to and empowers people affected by limb loss to achieve their full potential through education, support and advocacy, and to promote lower limb loss prevention. The Institute for Preventive Foot Health has partnered with the Amputee Coalition to provide clinically-proven education, research and content that helps promote awareness; and, for lower-limb amputees, the ability to protect the remaining foot and help prevent ulceration for the at-risk foot. This is especially important for people with diabetes or other conditions that affect the circulatory system, such as PAD (peripheral arterial disease), because individuals with these conditions are at high risk for amputation.
The Institute for Preventive Foot Health has been a National Sponsor for the Amputee Coalition and our sponsorship includes the following activities:
- Sponsorship and invited participant for the 2012 Limb Loss Task Force.
- Providing preventive foot health educational materials to the Amputee Coalition community.
- Participating in Limb Loss Awareness Month by assisting in printing and distribution of preventive foot health educational material (click here to learn more and download a free foot tips postcard).
- Providing financial support for the Paddy Rossbach Youth Camp.
- Providing educational presentations at events such as Limb Loss Education Days, Conferences, and Support Groups.
- Sharing information with the limb loss community by contributing educational articles on preventive foot health for the Amputee Coalition’s InMotion magazine.