Ask The Experts

What type of shoes do I wear for my hurting flat feet?

Thank you for contacting us. IPFH does not provide medical or product advice on line. We would recommend that you consult a foot health professional. In your case, a podiatrist (DPM / Doctor of Podiatric Medicine) or an orthopaedic doctor would probably be most appropriate. He or she can examine you, determine the type of accommodation or correction you require, and can then recommend the best shoes and possibly also orthotics that you should be wearing. There are some good brands of shoes and orthotics that can help you, but it is important for you to get a professional medical opinion so you can make the informed choices that will benefit you the most. You can learn more about flat feet at our foot conditions page on the subject. Meanwhile, we hope you will consult a medical professional, and will soon be in the right footwear for your specific needs.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?