Ask The Experts

Have MS for 20 years. The pain in my feet is so bad I had to go on disability.

Thank you for contacting IPFH. We are very sorry to hear about the pain in your feet. IPFH does not give medical advice on line, but we do know that pain from MS is often treated with anticonvulsant medications. The best counsel we can give is for you to discuss your pain with your primary care physician, or if you are under the care of a specialist, with him or her. Your doctor has the best knowledge and information about your case to be able to guide you in managing the pain, and so the best course of action is to start with him or her. You might also request a referral to a pain specialist, and/or you might consult a foot health specialist. This web page has some good information about medications for MS:
We hope you will soon be in touch with a medical professional, and that your pain can be resolved. We wish you the best.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?