Ask The Experts

How to get over plantar fasciitis when my job requires me to stand most of the time on concrete?

Thank you for contacting us. IPFH does not diagnose conditions or provide medical advice on line.You can check our foot conditions section on plantar fasciitis to get some suggestions for dealing with it, but probably the best thing you can do is to consult your physician or a foot health professional. Plantar fasciitis is often difficult to resolve, and may take a long time. There are non-invasive steps you can take to help address the pain and discomfort, one of which is to wear padded socks, orthotics, and properly designed and fitted footwear. But there are a number of variables that can affect the way a medical professional will treat a patient with plantar fasciitis, such as the height of the arches in the feet, the type of work the patient does, and other medical factors that can affect the feet (obesity, the existence of other medical conditions, etc.). Because of this, it truly is your best option to consult a medical professional. You don't mention that you have received an "official" diagnosis of plantar fasciitis. If you have, then a medical professional can guide you in treating it. If you have not, it is important to get a diagnosis, because there are some conditions that have symptoms similar to those of plantar fasciitis, and it is always best to get a precise diagnosis before beginning any treatments. We hope you will consult a medical professional, and that your condition will soon be resolved.

Not what you were looking for? Submit a question or Search Again

Was this helpful?