Welcome to members of the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA) and other visitors to our site.
ICAA is dedicated to changing the way we age by uniting professionals in the retirement, assisted living, fitness, rehabilitation and wellness fields to dispel society's myths about aging. IPFH is partnering with ICAA to help raise awareness about the importance of our feet as the foundation of mobility, and about preventive foot health as a key to ensuring our ability to function, engage in regular physical activity and enjoy the best possible quality of life. This is especially important for people with diabetes or other conditions that affect the circulatory system, such as PAD (peripheral arterial disease), because individuals with these conditions are at high risk for amputation.
Among much else, ICAA members will find on this site important preventive foot health information, including good foot hygiene and other foot care essentials, and advice on handling foot conditions and caring for someone else’s feet that are at risk.
Some of the projects IPFH and ICAA are working on together include:
- Collaborating with ICAA and IPFH licensee Thorlo on the Walking Partners® program and other wellness programming.
- Maintaining a Preventive Foot Health section on the ICAA website and on the ICAA Changing the Way We Age® campaign website.
- Presenting an educational session on preventive foot health at the ICAA annual conference.
- Providing preventive foot health tools and data for use in ongoing presentations and as part of ICAA’s Active Aging Week tool kit.
- Supporting ICAA’s Changing the Way We Age® campaign as a founding partner and member of the ICAA Champions program.